Special Needs Blog Hop – Express Yourself!
A Theme! Challenge: Tell the world about what it’s like to be you!
So the last time around, I started the Special Needs Blog Hop a little close to the wire, and as a result only had a couple participants. How very sad! The easiest way to make connections with other special needs parents is, hands down, to read about what they have to say; support them when they need a friend; whine about life with them because they’ll understand!
So this week, a little different theme to the Special Needs Blog Hop — Express Yourself. Using a regular blog post, a photo, artwork, poem, whatever you want, find some way to tell the world a little bit about what it means to be you!
Huh? What’s that mean, Kat?
Simply put, I have lots of folks who wander through the Cafe and leave a little bit wiser for it. You see, amazing as it is, not everyone who reads our blogs and brilliant writings knows a whole lot about what it means to be us. To be special needs parents. Now, I’ve written about it a bit, here and there. But this week I’m breaking the mold. My post this week will deal with having Fibromyalgia. I’m personally inviting a few special needs moms I know who have this and other conditions of their own to write about it, to sketch about it, to share their experiences about being a special needs mom first, and a hurting mom second.
But maybe that’s not who YOU are. And we’re all about making special needs connections here at the Cafe (emphasis on connections – which implies a TWO-WAY street!). So what shall you write about, or share with us, and with your blog readers, this fine weekend?
- Write about your great aunt Geneva’s influence on your life (Why yes, I have one of those and she impacts who I am, daily, as I strive to share the ideals she shared with me when she was alive)
- Write about how your dog Reese always, and I mean always, tries to get on your lap when she sees you crying (What? I’m drawing from real life here!)
- Sketch a cute comic showing your hair falling out clump by clump, echolaliac question by question. ( or, if you are really talented .. turning gray) Oh, and stick figures rule!
- Make us all cry by revealing your latest poem (Nope, not sharing yet :P)
- Whatever you do … it all comes down to EXPRESSING yourself. Express your thoughts, your headaches, your challenges, your life … because us special needs parents — we’re pretty awesome folks!
Remember! A Special Page for a Special Needs Hop
Don’t forget that the linky is now, permanently, on the dedicated Special Needs Blog Hop page: http://katscafe.org/snbh/ From now on, the new linky tool will be hosted on that page and that page alone each week.
Make me proud!
Don’t forget the Link Juice Love!
I’ll be including the newest entrants into the Blog Hop in a running Link List along the sidebar! Starting this week – if you’ve participate at least 2 of the last 3 weeks – you get to stay on the recurring list! Special Love for some awesome special needs folks!
I would love to hear ideas for future themes of the Blog Hop. While we’re special needs parents, that isn’t all we are – would you like to have themes unrelated to special needs? Comment and share your thoughts, and then don’t forget, go and enter the linky!
Enter & Share: Dedicated Special Needs Blog Hop page: http://katscafe.org/snbh/